Thursday, August 22, 2019

Custom Painted Bibles: FAQ

If you've been following my creative journey on Instagram these past few weeks, you've probably seen that I've begun a new endeavor: painting on bibles!

I had the idea a while back and started by creating my first two, which quickly found homes (thank you!) when I shared them on Instagram. So I thought I'd make a little FAQ page for those interested in how to get one, how they're made, a little more about the process.
The Bibles

The Bibles I use are ESV (English Standard Version) bibles. They're 8.25 inches tall, 6.5 inches wide, and 1.5 inches thick. They weigh about 4 pounds. They feature:

- a hard durable cover
- cream-colored pages
- ribbon marker
- easy-to-read 7.5 point black type
- blank lined columns on each page for note taking and journaling 
Designs & Care

Each Bible is painted entirely by hand with acrylic paint, front and back, and sealed with a poly-acrylic clear gloss so it won't fade or discolor. This also protects them from scratching/spills; you can gently wipe them with a damp cloth or paper towel should you need to clean anything off the surface without worrying that the paint will smear.  
Ordering & Shipping

When I have enough made, stocked, and on hand, all bibles will be listed in my etsy shop! Until then keep watching my Instagram to see what I'm currently working on and claim anything you like by direct message. I can customize as I go if you see a design you like.

I am currently taking custom orders, and those can be placed by emailing me at laurenyounis@gmail.com. Turn around time is 3 weeks from time of order, and discounts on 3+ are available. At this time, all bibles, including custom ones, are priced at $85 each plus shipping, which is usually around $6 depending on your location. 
If you need more information, just ask! You can email me or comment below with any further questions, and stay tuned to my etsy shop as postings go up. 

xoxo

No comments: