Friday, February 24, 2017

Appalachia Inspired

Hand-watercolored quilt, soon to be a card!

Getting adjusted to life in the South has been good. There's a healthy appreciation for art and craft here in Appalachia that's so unique to this region, and it has been so pleasantly and surprisingly good to discover that my heart not only called me to these mountains and this land, but also to this culture.

I think it will be a good place to keep creatively stimulated and inspired. I am happy to say that so far, since arriving down here ten days ago, I have my work in two shops in the town of Black Mountain, North Carolina: one a unique design studio/retail space called Design Driven, and the other a gallery (my first one, actually!), called Seven Sisters.

I'm so excited to keep working down here and sharing art as it comes!

xoxo

No comments: