Sunday, June 19, 2016

Estes Park Half Marathon


Checked off the Colorado bucket list: a half marathon at 7,500 feet above sea level (and with a lovely group of supporters, cheerers, and post-race doughnut bearers- can't ask for better than that)!  

I ran my first half marathon in 2014 in Big Sur, CA; my second last year in my hometown in IL; and this one right here in Estes Park today. This summer I'm hitting the road for a little road trip and am seriously considering getting in another one, perhaps in another National Park!

I can't believe how my time in Colorado is flying by. I've challenged myself so much here: spiritually, emotionally, mentally, relationally, and physically. It's a nice feeling when you can look back on the years of your life and think, 'wow, 2013 taught me so much...' and, '2014 taught me so much, in a different way...' and '2015 was such a huge year of a different kind of growth altogether...' 

Even though I don't know what the future holds (which is scary), I look back on the patterns of life and the way God has created something new and refreshed in me each year, evolving me in ways I can look back on and see, but could never have predicted. There have been so many distinct kinds of growth happening in my life over the past several years- it's both scary to not know where the road leads, and absolutely amazing.

xoxo

No comments: