Saturday, September 8, 2012

Inspiration

Lately, I've needed a little motivation to get inspired.  I think of producing creative work and generating creative ideas like running: if you don't practice it every day, you get rusty- fast- and you can't go as far when you get back at it, even after a short hiatus.  The ideas don't come as quickly and the act of actually sitting down and making something takes longer to get to.
So this evening, I gathered some magazines- Travel and Leisure, Nordstrom, Crate and Barrel, and H&M, to name a few- and cut out images I found visually stimulating.  Usually if I make inspiration collages, it's simply to gather interesting or pretty images all in one place.  But this time, I decided to concentrate on the process of creating the collage- thinking about how each image related to the next, via color, texture, shape, or style; how patterns repeat themselves in everything from a flower to a roll of fabric; and what kinds of colors and shapes evoke a sense of opulence or richness, and what kinds convey simplicity and minimalism.  This helped me think in a progressive way about what might become my own next creations.
 
 
The final result. More to come tomorrow.

xoxo

No comments: