Sunday, September 2, 2012

Going Home

Regrettably, it's been over a week since I've posted here- and I really don't like when that happens!  Last weekend I was in Milwaukee for a friend's birthday and this past weekend I was in Bloomington, Indiana- where I went to college- for the first time since I graduated two years ago.

It was so good to go home (which is what I consider Bloomington), and see all the people, friends, and places that were a part of my daily life during the best years of it.  I don't know many people who actually really miss the town in which they went to college, but Bloomington is different.  It's a really wonderful place and several of my friends so missed it after graduation that they were back within a year.  I must say- after being there this weekend, it's a tempting idea. 

One thing this visit definitely did inspire me to do was come back and create things, which I did upon arriving back in Illinois tonight.  In filling my Bloomington friends in on what my life has been like these past couple of post-graduation years, the most important, real, fruitful part of it has been my artwork.  It was nice to be around people I haven't seen in a while and get the feedback from many of them that they like and appreciate what I've been creating.  And since that's exactly why I do it- for people to like and appreciate- I couldn't think of a better thing to do than drive home, settle in, and make more. 

xoxo

No comments: