Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall

Fall inspires the new- so tonight my sister and I got together for some good wine, good food, the Democratic National Convention, and tabbouleh, a traditional Middle Eastern salad that we both love.  Last night I picked some homegrown veggies and this evening we made our favorite flavor-filled dish from scratch. 

My sister and I are half Arabic (on our dad's side) and half Italian (on our mom's), so in terms of cultural cuisine, we've got it good.  We've recently gotten in touch with our Arabic side (Italian culture has, not surprisingly, dominated our lives), and have embraced the fresh, flavorful, refreshing traditions of Arabic cooking.  Tabbouleh is a cold, usually antipasto salad made with bulgar, tomatoes, parsley, mint, cucumber, green onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix it up in a bowl to taste, and enjoy.  It looks too lovely not to share- and it tastes even better.

xoxo

No comments: