Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fashions

Yesterday I posted some thoughts about the philosophy of style, fashion, and outfitting, so today I thought I would take a practical look at how and where to actually find- and afford- your wardrobe, focusing on some items that you can find in stores now.  I made some montages of styles I've been observing everywhere lately- and found some places you can get them without spending a fortune!
The Polka-Dot Cropped Pant  Whether denim or cotton, they're adorable and they're everywhere.  Pair them with a white or denim button-down or a black or white tee for a simple summery look.  Get the look for less at Old Navy- in navy, yellow, or green.  But if you really like them and can see yourself in them season after season  (yes, that's 100% allowed on a cute, classic style such as these) get yours at Anthropologie: they cost $178 but they are the most comfortable, well-made and best-fitting jeans your money can by.  Exclusive to Anthro from top denim designer Adriano Goldschmied, they will last, they will look good on you. 

The Neutral-Tone Strappy Wedge  A high wedge with a full-coverage, thick-strapped front in brown, beige, or dark creme: a classic summer staple.  Pair them with skinny bottoms and keep your top classically cut- these heels shouldn't scream sexy as loud as they should classy and fashion-forward.  Virtually indistinguishable, the $29.99 pair is here at Target, the $88 pair here at Anthropologie.

The Bangle Bracelet Set  I was most excited about this find- so much so that I made the purchase.  And since then I'm a converted fan of bangles: I used to hate them because they slide all over your arms and get in the way when you write, but now I think I'm a fan.  I love this set from World Market for just seven bucks!  They are so decorative and bold, and one makes a statement differently than many.  Splurge at Anthropologie on a shinier, more ornate set. 
The Strapless Striped Dress  Dresses are my love in summer, so here I have to advocate getting at least one that fits you perfectly- and when it comes to the perfect dress, sometimes you have to spend a little more to do that.  It's worth it though- I have this silk button front Tracy Reese dress from Anthropologie, sadly sold-out but worth every penny.  Get a similar look at Old Navy for a quarter of the price. 


The Multi-Strand Beaded Necklace This is a wear-with-anything, anytime necklace.  Denim and a tee, a skirt and a tank; at work or at play; casual or dressy.  Reasonable even at Anthropologie for just $38, and a steal at Old Navy for just $16.94.

Just a few ideas that you'll be able to easily find in-stores this summer.  So go out and get creative- once you know what to look for, it's affordable and easy to put the look together in any store you're in!

xoxo

No comments: