Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pretty Tuesday Blues

"As if to build a fence around the fatal emptiness inside her, she had to create a sunny person that she became. But if you peeled away the ornamental egos that she had built, there was only an abyss of nothingness and the intense thirst that came with it. Though she tried to forget it, the nothingness would visit her periodically- on a lonely rainy afternoon, or at dawn when she woke up from a nightmare. What she needed at such times was to be held by someone, anyone." -Haruki Murakami
 
"It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on." -Nicholas Sparks
"When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."  -Paulo Coelho
"Hurt is merely a stinging after effect of certain behavior and actions.  No one hurts anyone- people only do things which, to the other people around them, feel good or feel bad- that's it.  So in logic and reason you may say, 'I know this person doesn't mean it.  Perhaps they are not even capable of seeing how their actions make me feel.  Perhaps they do not have the necessary introspection to be aware of themselves or their choices.  Perhaps it is not really about me.'  But in emotion and feeling- which is what humans dwell in so much of the time- you may say, 'this feels bad, and it makes me sad.'  That is hurt: so unreal, so heavy."
"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger than reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another." -Anais Nin

xoxo

1 comment:

Talking Monkeys said...

Your blog is incredibly beautiful. :)
I'm linked to the writing me too, but i write in my language, italian.
I've started a new blog, so, if you have time, take a look!
Have a nice day :)