Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Wayfaring Project, Pt. II

Nepal
Thailand
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
India
All
Final images and details from The Wayfaring Project, which I explained yesterday.  Since these paintings were made in the spirit of giving things away/sharing personal objects, I tried to use saved, scrapped, and somewhat personally meaningful objects in their creation.

Each one was made from remaining paper scraps I had leftover from the gift I made my best friend for her wedding a few weeks ago.  The stamps were left over from another project I made some months ago.  The decorative patterned paper used was from my internship at anthropologie last Spring.  The book page scraps were all torn from a copy of the book The Giver that I found in a thrift store some time ago, and the handwritten notebook paper scraps are the first song I ever wrote on guitar, cut up into circles.

xoxo

No comments: