Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oil on Canvas

I rarely work in oil, but my 7th/8th grade English teacher, with whom I've kept in touch after nearly thirteen years (that's frightening to say...) wanted me to create some artwork for her bedroom that she's remodeling.  I made her the piece above- it's a recreation of another painting she saw elsewhere and wanted a replication of for her home.

The numbers are the date of her wedding and two other important personal dates, and the 2001 is something of a signature: that was the first year I had her as a teacher.  The three little book page circles next to it are from the book The Giver- scraps of which were used in my last art project- which I read in her class and remember as one of the first books that inspired me to become a writer.

xoxo

1 comment:

DollHouse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.