Thursday, August 12, 2010

Autumn Berry Sprigs Cups and Saucers

New in the shop today: the Autumn Berry Sprigs cup and saucer set. Lately I've been listing lots of ceramic items (plates, bowls, and cups), as since I've been home this summer I've been thrift shopping a lot and getting lots in the way of white dishware.

I'm really happy with the way this set turned out. I like the cleanness, the sparseness; especially of the plates. I'm moving out of my house in a few days and am hoping that I have as much space to paint and store things- every time I change locations my creative habits change. I think environment has a huge impact on how people operate, and I know that being away from home tends to bring out my true creativity more (I'll try different things, be more at peace when I'm working, be less formulaic when painting or drawing).

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to see Michigan State University for the first time (!) to take my beloved sister- and best friend who I will miss very much- back to college. I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that I'm not going back myself- college was the best thing ever, to be frank. But c'est la vie, and onto what's next.

xoxo

No comments: